Friday, July 1, 2016

This week has been great! I still love Parker South so dang much!! And Sister Borup even more and that's A LOT!!
I love my companion and will miss her when she's gone back home shortly!
On Monday we had a very relaxed p-day! We emailed and then went food shopping then came home and cleaned and took a nap! But while food shopping we prayed that some kind of miracle would happen so we might be able to afford the things we needed to buy because neither of us have any money and guess what?! We walk in and the milk is on sale and none of it is going to expire quickly or anything!! 

Sister Borup's Miracle Milk
How cool is that? Man, Heavenly Father is so aware of us. Other than that there wasn't much for us to do haha. Then we had a lesson and a member came with us, it was awesome. We taught about the Restoration and the way it applies to our lives and to theirs. Then we went home for the evening!
On Tuesday we had a good time during lunch making banana breads for our neighbors. 

Banana Bread!
Ya know, it is kind of difficult to cook in the high altitude here but I really feel like I am getting it down! You have to always take away liquid and add more flour. I don't really know the science behind it but I know it works! And you always have to babysit your food if you're using the oven. You have to change the heat and make sure the outside doesn't burn before the inside cooks... I am getting it! haha. But I totally miss the 100ft altitude in Washington :P then we had an incredible lesson with a sweet girl named Lauren! She is 16 years old and has a lot of Mormon friends at school that she loves. She got online and referred herself to the missionaries, it is awesome! We love her so much. 
On Wednesday we had district meeting and did you know, I love my district!! They are so sweet! 
My Zone

My District
We had a training and then a roleplay where we practice what we just learned and then the district leader just decided that we were going to make it a "real"play and went to the town homes right outside the church and 5 sets of missionaries were out knocking doors! haha It was great :) And in the meeting I got to share a spiritual thought and guess what I read?? "Green Eggs and Ham, Book of Mormon version" and the missionaries were dying!! haha I love that book so much! Later that day we were out in beautiful Franktown and got a classic missionary pic :P
On Thursday we got up and did the usual morning routine and then went to service at Goodwill! It was fun, a lot of work in the back goes on that I had no idea about. haha. We had lunch, lessons and biking later that evening and were ready for bed when the time finally came!
On Friday morning I woke up pretty dang sick so I asked for a blessing because I am getting a little tired of not feeling very well. Some Elders came over and our district leader, Elder Brinkeroff gave me a blessing. It was the sweetest thing! I have been praying so much and so fervently lately to know what Heavenly Father would have me do. To know if I was ever going to get feeling better and be able to work as a full-time missionary should work. Fortunately my prayers were answered and sooner or later all will be well again, I just need to push through and continually study and rely on the Atonement. I am so grateful again for the incredible priesthood power and the love that I know Heavenly Father has for me! I spent most of the day resting but that evening we had a great lesson with one of our investigators. I love them all! 
On Saturday we had exchanges and so I went to the Parker ward with Sister Tracy and we had a great time! 
Sister Tracy and I accidentally matching on our exchanges!
We did some service at a therapeutic horse riding place and it was really cool to be able to walk with children on horses that have disabilities. It made working with horses just a bit better! haha. We did a lot of tracting on Saturday because almost all of our appointments fell through but it was really great to work on talking with people and different approaches! I was grateful to be reunited with Sister Borup that evening :)
On Sunday we had church alllll day long and meetings along with it. I love it! We weren't able to teach any cute kiddos this week, but maybe next :) Dinner was fun, the man served his mission in Denmark and so that's pretty much all we talked about! And for the dinner message I read a scripture in Danish!! :D I love that Sister Borup is from Denmark, I love it so much!! That evening we planned for the week ahead. I love missionary work so much!! Have a great week everyone!!
Love no matter what,
Sister Nelson



Scripture of the week (I am still working on the one from last week! Haha)
3 Nefi 12:48
Derfor ønsker jeg, at I skal være fuldkomne, ligesom jeg, eller jeres Fader som er i himlen, er fuldkommen.

3 Nephi 12:48
Therefore I would that ye should be perfect even as I, or your Father who is in heaven is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment