Thursday, June 23, 2016

Another Great Week!

On Monday we had the good ol' p-day, but this one was especially great!! So that morning when we were emailing it was crazy raining/hailing so the zone p-day we had planned got postponed and we were totally sad. THEN when we were shopping at Walmart, all of the rain stopped so the zone p-day was on again! So we went home and hurried to change and get the stuff we needed.  Then we drove over to the top of Parker and had a great time! We played capture the flag BUT since we can't touch each other to tag each other we got pantyhose, cut them in half and filled a leg with flour. Then we separated into teams and hid our flags. Then we played and to tag each other we were hit with flour filled pantyhose!! hahaha. It was a blast! Then it started to down pour so we got all goopy because flour and water don't mix in the cleanest way! We went back to the church and some people made ice cream in a bag! Milk, vanilla and some chocolate syrup in a bag, then in a bigger bag ice a rock salt. It was pretty funny to watch! 
Then we all went home and got ready for the evening. We had a lesson planned that evening that we went to, but she wasn't home. Soo the member that we brought with us knew where this lady worked and she asked if we wanted to go there. So we did! haha. It was this little family-owned Mexican restaurant and we totally met with the lady! We weren't able to have a lesson but we set up a time to meet with her again. haha. 
On Tuesday we had part of our studies then we were asked to go and help a family pack their stuff into a truck so they could move to Idaho! 
Friendly Missionary Movers!
It took quite a while but we called 2 sets of Elders to help us and, let me tell you, that made it go a lot faster! haha. We had so much fun! We love the Elders in our area! After lunch we went out biking for the first time before dinner because Sister Borup finally got a helmet from someone. It was pretty hard and hot, but fun! 

Biking!
Then we went to this place that asked us to do service for them and it's horse ranch! But it's not like the other one I went to where we shoveled horse poop, but where we walk around a little track with kids and adults with disabilities while they're on the horse! I can do that! That automatically means that the horses aren't crazy ones!! I am pretty happy about that :) 
Later that evening we were out biking and... well I had to go to the bathroom. So we went to a couple of members in the ward but no one was home! So then, at this point I like, REALLY had to go so we went to some people that we outside and said, "Hello, can I use your bathroom?" Let's see.. to describe the situation it would be safe to say that they were VERY uncomfortable with the idea of that. But I wasn't really going to take no for an answer because I was about to pee my skirt on their lawn! But anyways, it was pretty dang hilarious as the whole situation was over and we were biking away!! We decided we were going to take them some cookies and a note of appreciation, in a couple of weeks so they can get over the traumatic experience it was for them. It would've been worse if I peed on their lawn, that's for sure!! 
Bug bites!
Oh we got some awesome bug bites from biking too! We don't really know what kind of bugs bite us, but they aren't nice ones!
On Wednesday Sister Borup hit her 18 months out on her mission soo our favorite Aubrey Wright from Arvada came down to Parker and we had a great time! We burned one of her outfits and then had eggs! It was quite the early morning. Then we got ready and studied and had Zone Meeting! It was great. AND Sister Borup and I had a musical number at it! She sang and I played in Christ Alone (thanks for the music mom!) and it was awesome! I love doing musical numbers, especially with my favorite companion!! After that meeting, which was all day long pretty much, we had some lessons and were out trying to tract. We had one lesson where this sweet lady completely believes in evolution of mankind and how we came from lemurs (or something like that) and it was pretty funny! "....Well Adam and Eve couldn't have children that had children with their own kids because then they would become deformed because the blood line is just too close." So I said, "Well maybe we are deformed and Adam and Eve just looked completely different than us!" hahaha. She didn't think it was too funny, but Sister Borup and I did! haha. I am just so grateful for the Plan of Salvation we have! To know why we are here, where we came from and where we'll go after this life; it brings me so much comfort and reassurance! We pray that she will come around and have faith that she came from a loving Heavenly Father who knows and loves her so dearly. 
On Thursday we did some service for a sweet lady that lives out in Franktown. She has a GORGEOUS yard! Complete with a pond full of real water lilies and fish! It is awesome. 
Waterfall and lilies!
We helped plant flowers and it was pretty fun. I love doing service, we are so lucky to be able to have so much to do out here! Even when this sweet lady's crazy dog jumps up on me and scratches me! (No tears though... :)) 
Dog scratches!
Later we had a meeting with our ward mission leader from the Castlewood Canyon ward, and seriously we just love the Smiths soo much!! They are so laid back, but at the same time they care so deeply about the work and what we do and anything we need. 
On Friday, Well I was kind of sick all of Friday so we didn't do much but in the evening we met up for dinner with a family that Sister Borup knew when she previously served here in Parker! So that was fun, they were very sweet.
On Saturday I hit my 7 month mark! haha. Not quite as much as 18 months... but still! 7 months at least from  the day I entered the MTC :P 
7 Months of being a Missionary
So Sister Borup made me eggs and decorated my window with the shape of a 7 in pictures! I love her. 
That day we were outside a lot and tried to contact some people we planned. But no one seems to be home or answers their doors so it was a long hot day! It's in the 90s right about now and it is hot hot hot!
On Sunday we got up and went to church (of course!) and it was great! There was a farewell and a homecoming talk in one ward and in the other a homecoming! And the BEST part about that day was that we got to teach a 5 year old primary class full of energetic little boys! It was SO fun!!! 

Cute Primary Class!

What's NOT good for our bodies!

Hands on teaching!
We taught them the plan of Salvation with the cutouts I had and then talked about some good things we do here on Earth to prepare to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ again and one of them is to keep the Word of Wisdom! Soo I brought out "Hungry Hillary" and we talked about the things she could eat and the things she shouldn't eat! It was so much fun!! I love kids so much! 
It was a pretty good week. I love serving here in Parker so much! And I totally love Sister Borup, if you didn't know that ;) I am grateful for my zone and all of the great missionaries around me that I have to learn from! Missionary work is the best, I never want to come home! haha. I love you all! Thanks for all the kind words of love and encouragment.
Love no matter what, 
Sister Nelson 
3 Nefi 12:48
Derfor ønsker jeg, at I skal være fuldkomne, ligesom jeg, eller jeres Fader som er i himlen, er fuldkommen.

 3 Nephi 12:48
Therefore I would that ye should be perfect even as I, or your Father who is in heaven is perfect.
Beautiful Colorado
Sister Gardiner



No comments:

Post a Comment