Saturday, June 11, 2016

Life in Parker South

Well everyone, life is just the best here in Colorado!! I love Parker South soooo much! It is so beautiful and green and open with tons and tons of trees!! I will try to make my post short, but this week has just been awesome!!

So on Tuesday we emailed (because it was Memorial day the day before) So we'll start with after emailing on Tuesday. So we had to drive down to Castlerock to go to my appointment to get this growth removed. It took about 2 hours from the time we got in to the time we got out. haha. We waited, then he came in and looked at in, then we waited, then he said it was going to be removed, then we moved, then we waited, then I was called back and preped, then we waited... then he came in a numbed me then we waited and he came in again and numbed me... then we waited THEN in like 5 minutes he removed it! hahaha. It didn't really hurt (because I was so numbed) buuuut after we were finally done and walking out I just started to cry like a big baby! I couldn't really control myself for like 10 minutes. If you know me well enough you know I don't like situations like that so I ESPECIALLY don't like it when I don't have my mom there to comfort me the whole time. Soo finally I got myself under control and we drove home. I laid down for a bit and then tried to pack some of my stuff so I would feel purposeful. 

After dramatic "surgery"
My mouth very sensitive to air and to hot or cold so I tried to take some Tylenol and laid down. I was still very emotional. And it was just throbbing and would not stop bleeding for like 2 hours! haha. 
After a while, I pulled myself together and then we went to some people that we had been teaching to say goodbyes. 

Sister Nicholson


Guzman Family
We met with Sister Nicholson and her little dog Sinder and then the Guzman family. I love them! Later we went to the Condies and they tried to feed us cookies, but I opted out ;) It was a great evening. Brother Condie and Brother Young (Our Ward mission leader) gave me a blessing later that evening that I would heal and be able to continue on in the work. I am so grateful for the priesthood and worthy priesthood holders!

On Wednesday... Well it was basically the best day of my life THIS YEAR!! 
SISTER BORUP AND I WERE REUNITED TO BE COMPANIONS!!!! 
Watch out world, we're together again!
Oh my gosh we were soo excited and probably said at least 100 times that we couldn't believe we were actually companions again!! Of course, to celebrate we went to CHICK FIL A!!! I love that place. We drove out to our new area and met the sweet old lady that we are living with. Her name is Sister Malm and she seriously treats us like little princesses! We unpacked and met with the Bishop of the Pinery ward (who is actually the one who removed the growth in my mouth! hahaha how funny is that?!!) Then we went shopping for the things we needed! Oh my gosh, I still can't believe we are companions! This is going to be the best, fastest transfer ever!!

On Thursday we woke up and went for a nice walk, it is seriously so gorgeous here! 


We can see the mountains and the city and it is so green! Man, I wish I could get a good picture of it! My mouth has really been hurting the past couple of days with really bad sensitivity so that has been irritating, but I feel like it is healing pretty well. I have some ointment to put on it so that should help it! 
We had district meeting that day and let me just say, I absolutely LOVE our district leader! He is the best. He has been a zone leader and most recently got released as an assistant to the president! So he really knows what he is doing. He cares so much and has had so much experience. This is his last transfer too (like Sister Borup's)! It was so great. I am so excited for this transfer, we seriously have the best district ever!! 

Our New District
After that we had lunch and then had a "sweep" meeting with President and Sister Mendenhall. So since we took on this new stake into our mission none of us have obviously been here before soo we had a meeting on a whole stake being swept. It was awesome! I am seriously so privileged to be able to be entrusted by Heavenly Father, President and Sister Mendenhall to open this new addition to our mission! There is so much work to do and I just love it so much already. That evening we had dinner at a members home and guess what it was.... LASAGNA! I can't really have lasagna, but I ate it anyways because they had no idea.. I kind of regretted it, but at the same time I didn't because I love lasagna! But after dinner we went straight to the lady in charge of the dinner calendar to request the specific foods I can't eat and GUESS WHAT!! She is the lady that bought mine, Sister Netherton and Sister Saito's groceries in Walmart the first Monday I was back in Colorado!! Oh my gosh! It was crazy!! I love her so much. 

On Friday we went running and then got ready for the day. I love this place that we're living in but seriously... there are SO many bugs here. Everyday Sister Borup has killed like 5 spiders! And then during our studies that morning we hear this weird buzzing noise and then... I turn around and a wasp is just flying around!! I screamed and went to the bedroom and shut the door and all I hear is banging (and a bit of screaming) and then Sister Borup's voice saying,  "It's deaaaaaad" hahaha. Sister Borup said it was a gigantic wasp and it came out because she heard that "some princesses moved in, but now we are the queens" hahaha. Oh my gosh, I love her! We met with some auxiliary leaders and our bishops and ward mission leaders that day so we could know what we should do in the area because we literally have no past records! Silly Springs missionaries. 

On Saturday we went to our new stake president's home and had breakfast! He is so sweet. There were 10 missionaries in the kitchen cooking breakfast! haha. I also got mail from the Zone Leaders that morning from my mom and she sent me the cutest Green Eggs and Ham Book of Mormon version story and Sister Borup and I have read it like 20 times already! 
Green Eggs and Ham Mormon Book

It is the cutest thing. And after I read it, Sister Borup, for like an hour, only will talk in rhymes, but none of them make sense. haha I love it! Sister Borup and I also study out of the Mormons Bog (Danish Book of Mormon) and she thinks it is just the funniest thing, but I am really learning a lot of the language! I love it. I love Sister Borup!! It was a great day. And I finished reading through the General Conference magazine! I love our Prophet and Apostles. 

Sunday was awesome! We had church from 7 to 3 and it was crazy! There is so much to do and so many ways to be stretched that the day just flew by! Our first ward starts at 9am and the second at 11am and they both have meetings and classes and all sorts of stuff to do! That evening we went over to a family in the Castlewood Canyon ward (literally they are castles in the woods here) and GUESS WHAT! My beloved companion, Sister Lewis from Pasco got sent home from her mission because she is sick and she lives like 15 minutes away from here!! Oh my gosh! We are going to meet up this week and I am so excited to see her! But so sad that she is home :( Oh man, Heavenly Father has given me so many dang tender mercies this week! I am so grateful for it. I love Parker South and Sister Borup more than words can express and I love you all! Have a fabulous week!!

Love no matter what, 
-Sister Nelson

Alma 32:21  Og se, som jeg sagde angaaende tro: Tro er ikke at have en fuldkommen kundskab om noget; hvis I derfor har tro, har I haab om det, som ikke ses, men som er sandt. 

in Danish, now in English:

21 And now as I said concerning faith—faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true.

No comments:

Post a Comment