Monday, May 9, 2016

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Oh my gosh everyone! I just had the craziest week of my life!! Some serious highs and some serious lows! Missionary work is just the best! Where else could I get both in 1 week?? Ha ha. Here we go!
So on Monday it was the normal p-day shenanigans and it was good. We went emailing, we went shopping, we stopped by the post office and then we wrote some letters! Then we went to dinner and did some tracting in the evening, it was all a good day. That night we met up with two other Sisters (the Sister Training Leaders (STLs)) and we exchanged! So Sister Saito and I went with Sister Tracy back to her ward named Parker. And Sister Netherton stayed in our ward and Sister Kastner went! We drove wayyy out a ways and got to this cute little farm home and unpacked our stuff, planned for the day tomorrow and went to bed. 

Tuesday: So we go up and worked out and then got ready for the day. We did our studies and those were great! I totally realized something so cool! So I have this little blue Book of Mormon that I read for topics and highlight accordingly and the first time I went through I read looking and highlighting ways to "Be an effective missionary" in pink! Then I decided I was going to go through and read for the "Character of Christ" and highlight it in green. So I am almost done with the book and have gotten to Christ's visit to the America's in 3 Nephi. So I am reading through and I am just highlighting over everything I have done in pink and I asked myself, "Man, why am I highlighting over everything?" and THEN it hit me! Of COURSE I would be an effective missionary if I applied the character of Christ into the work!! How cool is that?! Oh my heavens I love the scriptures so much! So after studies we went out and just had like, the best day ever! Fun Fact: in our mission there is actually parts where there's open space! Like, where the houses aren't two feet apart and trees grow! It's in the Parker ward! Ha ha. I love it! But they also have some "downtown" of Parker so that's where we spent most of our day. We had some appointments and then they fell through so we went street contacting and talked to so many awesome people! A couple of hours later, and after lunch at the church, we had a lesson with the sweetest lady! Her name was Stacy and we taught her the Restoration! It was an incredible lesson. She's one of those people who is just thirsting for the gospel! For the happiness and hope it brings when you live the gospel of Jesus Christ! So it was aweeeeesome! We went to dinner and that was fun, they were out in the middle of nowhere and had a farm of a million animals! Ha ha. 

In Parker.
Then we went back into town and did some street contacting in a neighborhood. This was the funniest thing ever.  Sister Tracy is walking down the road and we see this guy, lady and a baby sitting outside on the steps. So we approach them and she calls out, "Wow, that is such a cute little girl!" (The child had long hair and a coral-ly/orange color on) And the grandma lady yells back, "It's a boy!!!!!" ha ha ha ha ha  Oh my gosh, it was so hard not to laugh and make her feel even more embarrassed, but after we talked and walked a block away we were CRACKING up!! Ha ha ha "Wow that is such a cute little girl!" ... "It's a boy!!!!!!" ha ha ha. Missionary work is just hilarious!! We exchanged back later that evening and went home! It was such a good day.

Wednesday! OH MY GOSH I THINK I HAD THE BEST MORNING EVER POSSIBLE!!! So we get up at 4:30am and shower and get out the door by 5:15 on our way to the TEMPLE!! Oh my heck - I was so excited and happy! We get to the temple and go inside and get the things we need, THEN we go to the dressing room and I turn the corner and guess who I saw?!?!?! SISTER BORUP!!!!!! We were so excited!! Oh my heck she ran and hugged me and I started to cry!! We were told to move out of the way and quiet down (we were pretty quiet for such an embrace ha ha) and so Sister Borup shoved me into a locker and we just cried and quietly giggled! It was the best thing I could ever ask for!! Seeing Sister Borup at the temple!! 
At the beautiful Denver Temple

Me and Sister Borup - my missionary mom!!!!



Oh my heck, BEST EVER!!! So after that we went out and took some pictures and then went to Deseret Book! (I love that store!) Then we came home and Sister Saito needed to rest for her MS so we all decided to rest! When we woke up.. well it turns from the best day ever to the ability to experience that greatest low I talked about earlier... ha ha. So Sister Netherton had been pretty grumpy after exchanges last night and we tried to ask her about that, but she didn't want to talk so we just went to bed. She kind of woke up a little upset, but we didn't ask her about it because we didn't want to have the spirit of contention as we were going to the temple. So Sister Saito and I knew that it needed to be addressed - so we started to ask/talk about it. Well to make a long, crazy story a bit shorter: we talked for an hour and didn't really get anywhere so we went and took a walk for two hours and came back ever more upset (and a little sun burnt- ha ha) Then Sister Netherton called President and talked to him.  Two hours later ,he called back and said Sister Netherton was getting transferred to Brighton. That night we went to dinner and then all of our appointments had to be cancelled because Sister Netherton didn't feel like going out. There was NO spirit in our home and it was very tense. She started packing and we tried to mend things and were able to a bit. I don't really think any of us slept that night, I know I didn't!

Thursday, so it's Thursday morning and Sister Netherton was picked up by the STLs and then she's gone. That is what we call an emergency transfer and the whole situation is crazy and emotional! When Sister Saito walked back up to our apartment it was mind-boggling. The spirit was there again and there was a weight lifted from shoulders. It was sad to see her go ,but there are people in Brighton that need her and people in Parker that need us and our specific personalities and characteristics. We studied and had District meeting that day and that was good! We learned about asking for referrals from everyone! 

Magic Bullet for smoothie creations!
AND I got a package in the mail! A magic bullet!! My very own!! I was so excited that I cleaned it and made a smoothie that night!!

Friday: Friday was a good day! Sister Saito and I have very open communication and it makes a HUGE difference. You cannot have a marriage, friendship, relationship, or companionship (or anything that deals with people) without communication! I am grateful for that lesson learned. We weekly planned that morning and had some awesome lessons that evening! We also got called by our mission president to cover a YSA (Young Single Adult) ward as well as our family ward and we gladly accepted! 

Saturday was a great day! We got up and got ready and were in the middle of studies when we got a call from a member in our ward. They asked if we were still coming over for service! We had tried to call them yesterday, but couldn't get in contact with them and never got a message back. So we said yes and got changed and hurried over! It was so fun! We shoveled dirt around and planted flowers in new soil! I loved it! It made me think of my dad and all of the hard work he does in our yard every weekend! As soon as we were finishing up it started to pour! Perfect for the little flowers.
Working to make the dirt a little more beautiful!

Green thumbs for these Sisters!
 They fed us lunch and then we went back home! It was so cool because Sister Saito planned to nap during the time that we were going to do service because we hadn't heard back from them and so she was kind of sad about not being able to because it really effects her health and guess what?! Our 1pm appointment fell through and she was able to do both! It's so neat how the Lord knows each of us and our specific circumstances! I love it. So we came home and she rested and I read some of the good ol' Book of Mormon. 

Packages!  From my mama AND
Chey!!!
I got a package in the mail from my mom and from Chey!! I LOVE mail so much, it's the best!! We had some awesome lessons that day too! Oh! I have a silly story: So we were at one lesson and there was this cat that was doing okay at first and then started buzzing out! He went up to our member that was there with us and started scratching at his leg and biting his ankle! Then he goes over to one of the Elders that was there with us (because it was a hand off lesson) and starts scratching and biting him! I started to freak out, animals are the worst and I don't have any tights on to protect me! So I was trying to bear testimony on the Plan of Salvation and all of the sudden the cat looks up and stares at me. I start to get hot and red and sweaty and jumble my words and then the cats starts to approach me and I am really starting to freak out! So I finally stop awkwardly and blurt, "oh my gosh I am terrified of your cat!" and everyone was really confused and Sister Saito was laughing because she knows how scared I am of animals so the girl was like, "Oh okay, well I will go put her away" and then puts the cat in her room and comes back. We laughed and I apologized and then finished bearing testimony! Ha ha. Then the roommate comes to the house and the cat gets let out! But the elder closest to the room distracts the cat and let it bite him ha ha. Thank goodness for him!

Ferocious Dog Bite!
So then we leave that lesson and go to a Less-Active members home. She has a dog. So I was trying to play with this little dog and pet it and all was well. (I am growing mom!) and then we got up to leave later and the dog starts to FREAK out! I went over to the member we had there and gave her a hug and I felt it nip at my ankle and I was like, "Man what the heck!" and then I went over and hugged the other member and it bit my foot!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ANIMALS!! I instantly started crying ha ha ha.  No blood was drawn, but it nicked me pretty well! My companion was laughing and feeling bad for me because I was trying to laugh/cry but really I was just crying! Ha ha. So that is my lucky story of animals, I tell ya, they are all out to get me. Ha ha. Even when I am nice to them!

Sunday! Oh my goodness Happy Mother's day!! I love all of the sweet, noble women in my life and I am so grateful for all that you have done to help shape me to who I am today! I especially love you mom!! We got up and didn't have any meetings so we actually got to get ready and study! We went to church and it was the best! The little kids sang for their moms and it was so fun! This ward has so many that when it was time to sing it was like half of the congregation went up to the stand! Ha ha. I absolutely loved it! After sacrament we went to our YSA ward and it was good! Very very veryyyyy quiet compared to the family ward! Ha ha but still, everyone there is so nice! After church we went to dinner and then after dinner we got to Skype our families!! It was so fun to be able to talk to my family and Alexis, Chey and Jason!


Missionary work is just the greatest thing ever! We have so many blessings and tender mercies all around us, we just have to look for them! I love you all so much and hope you have a fabulous week!!
Love no matter what,
-Sister Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment