Monday, December 14, 2015

I can make it a few more hours......

Sister Nelson's address is 
Sister Mykalyn Nelson
1250 Main Street
Broomfield, CO 80020-2932

Hello everyone!!
What an eventful, emotional roller coaster kind of week! But I bet they'll all be that way ;) Most days I want to go home SO bad.. and others I think I could make it a few more hours... ha ha. I am glad to be here, but it is seriously harder than I expected! I miss my family and everything from home. But I know I am going to stay here and show the Lord how grateful I am for everything that I have been given in my life. So I suppose I will tell you of the events I had this week and try to be... positive :)
Tracting is the craziest thing ever. You knock on people's door, asking to share a short message of Jesus Christ (the reason for the season) and people are so so against it! We are just trying to share the short video the church has put out this year on Christ and why He is so important. And why we all, as Christians, truly celebrate Christmas! It's humorous as well as discouraging. Some people are just weird.... but others are so mean! I can't even imagine what it will be like to try and talk to others about Christ when it's not during the Christmas season! There are some really compassionate people though, about 1 in 500 will let us as least say why we're there. So me and Sister Borup feel especially blessed when that happens! Thankfully Sister Borup "loves" tracting so I get the opportunity to do it more and be able to get better at it!
We do lots of service as missionaries and most of it is planned out. My FAVORITE service we get to do is when we go to the old folks home and play balloon volleyball and bingo with them. It is seriously the funniest thing ever! They sit on the couches all around us and we just try and keep the balloons in the air. You'd think it'd be an easy, fun game, but me and Sister Borup are hot and out of breath by the end of it! ha ha. We try and tell them to "hit it up!" and they think that they are but really they're just hitting them to the ground... And then they get all upset when they're all on the ground because we can't keep up, but it's seriously harder than you think!! But it is so fun :) And oh my gosh, the things they say... I am so grateful we get to do that a couple of times a week!!
We had the Christmas Devotional on Wednesday with half of the mission and it was so fun! Santa came and we sang songs and he read us a book and we took pictures... :) The missionaries in each district also had to preform a skit and those were so funny! (ours was the best) We danced and sang to Angles We Have Heard on High by Pentatonix and it was so great! The elders were throwing other elders around on the stage and we line danced.. good times. Oh my gosh something else that is so funny!: So when Santa came and we sang he wanted us to dance the Hoki Poki too! So we start doing it and Sister Borup (who, if you remember, is from Denmark) is so completely confused as to why we are putting one arm in and shaking it and taking it out! hahaha Oh my gosh it was the funniest thing! She says all of the time, "your country is crazy!!" in her Danish accent. I am so grateful for her! She keeps me laughing everyday!!
So my week is a lot of go go go! Everyday is actually. haha. You get up workout, get ready, study for 2 hours, go tract, eat lunch, go tract or serve, each dinner, go tract again. A lot of the tracting can be replaced with teaching lessons.. but we don't really have any to teach; so that can be kind of frustrating. 
We do have one awesome, AWESOME investigator that we taught on Sunday though! His name is Michael, and I am serious people, Heavenly Father has been preparing this man to receive the gospel and it's teachings into his life! We taught him about Christ's gospel and how we need to have faith in Jesus Christ and believe that He is the Savior of the world. We taught that you need to be willing to repent and make changes, so you can better yourself and come closer to Christ. And that as we do that, we prepare ourselves for baptism and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost that will help us endure to the end until we meet our loving Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ again. It was incredible as he listened and responded. He is so willing to do whatever it takes to come closer to Christ! He is an example to me! Reminding me to "Come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him.." (Moroni 10:32) I am so grateful for Michael and the blessing that he is to us! We are so lucky to be able to teach him and be reminded of why we are here! He is going to be baptized January 1st, starting off the new year as a new man. We are so excited!!
I am so lucky to be here in Arvada serving the Lord's children. I am so grateful for all of the support I have and the love and care you all show me. I love my family and friends and I am so blessed to have them! But most importantly I am grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I KNOW He suffered all of the pains and afflictions I have had and will have and because of that I can turn to Him and be strengthened. I KNOW He died for me and because of that I can repent and come closer to Him and His perfect teachings. I am so incredibly grateful for my Heavenly Father and his perfect plan for each and every one of us. We can all return and live with Them again! I know that I am supposed to be here in Arvada, Colorado having the challenges I am and being strengthened in the ways I have been. I am so grateful that Christ was born. I am so grateful that we get to celebrate that and have that, hopefully, be in the forefront of our minds. Because He was born I know that I can endure hard things.
Love Sister Nelson
All the Newbies from December 7th
From the Zone Conference Christmas Devotional with their Mission President and his Wife

A little more casual of a shot!

Everyone LOVES to decorate with Christmas lights!


Sister Burop and Sister Nelson for your viewing pleasure!


Sister Nelson LOVES her companion!!!! She's so blessed!


Sister Nelson with Santa and Mrs. Claus
More Zone Conference fun and learning!

Sister Nelson's first Colorado snowstorm!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment