Monday, August 8, 2016

Temple Day!

Well I will jump right into it!



On Monday we had a pretty normal-ish p-day. We studied and then emailed and then we went to this place where the Elders always get their haircuts and they look great and do it for free so my companion decided she wanted a haircut. So we scheduled one and went there at 1pm. I decided I might as well get a trim and so..... 3 hours later and a bad haircut on me we finally finish! Like I said I just wanted a trim.... but ended up with some horribly funky layers. I think cutting long hair is a challenge and some people don't really care a whole lot because they think it's long and doesn't matter how much they cut off but actually it does matter! :P So now my hair is like 3 inches shorter and makes putting it in buns pretty dang difficult! But I am sure she tried her best! So we called this lady in the ward (who we should've gone to in the first place) and she said she could fix my hair! But in good news I got a package from Julie with some really cute nail polish in it!! And I am so excited, I had just painted my nails for the first time on my mission earlier that morning!! We were totally on the same page :)

Nail polish from Julie!  Thank you!

My nail job!
On Tuesday we had a wonderful lesson with Lauren and we taught her some more commandments! It was awesome because as we taught her the Word of Wisdom we used Hungry Hillary and she thought it was hilarious! It was great!! Then we did service at Sister Holley's and we helped her in her new nursery and it is so cute!! It is blue and pink with a nautical theme!! 
On Wednesday we got up at 3am and got ready to go to the TEMPLE!!! 

Denver Temple
We were so excited we could hardly sleep! We had a 6am session and had to meet up early with some sisters to carpool there and then make sure we were actually on time! But we were the first ones to arrive! haha It was great :) 



Sister Riddle and I at the temple
We had a lesson with the Clifton's that evening that was awesome and then with Alex!! I don't think I have said a whole lot about Alex but he is AWESOME!! 3 Sundays ago he just showed up in church at like 7:30 and we were there early for a meeting and he asked if there was a service that day so we said yes! But in like an hour and a half. haha. Anyways, he started meeting with us and is really interested! He is a very sweet kid and doesn't really know anything about God or Christ or anything religious so it has been so fun to teach him!
On Thursday we had service at Goodwill and then District Meeting, then we went to Sister Nilsen and she totally fixed my hair!! Now I have really nice layers :) Which still make buns hard but it looks 1 million times better when it's down! haha. 
On Friday I had some awesome studies about Sanctification and Justification. We are justified because of Jesus Christ, no matter what we can have immediate relief from sin of burden, it's just a matter of asking Him for strength and for forgiveness. But sanctification is different, it's not just an event but it's a process that takes continual time and effort! We have to continually be sanctified through the Atonement of Christ, but we are always justified because of His great sacrifice for us each. I know that was short, but it was really mind blowing!! I encourage you to study it too and see what you can learn! We had another lesson with Alex and guess what?! He's on baptismal date for September 17 and we are so excited!! And we were introduced to a new game called Tenzi and it is so fun!!! 
On Saturday we went to our stake president's home for breakfast and it was so fun! I love all of the Elders and Sisters in our stake. And the Stake President!! Then we went to this thing called Pinery Picnic and we did some service there for the lunch line. It was fun and really good weather! Then we did some service at our investigator Sue's and it was good. I love her! We laid down some new wood chips and planted some fake flowers because everyone here has fake flowers because the deer eat them all :P
On Sunday we had a lot of meetings and our investigators came to church!! And we had a meeting with our Bishop and member we live with and now we are moving because.. well our living situation is not the best! haha. But we are relieved to hear that!! It was a good Sunday, we had dinner at the Smith's and they are totally my favorite!!!!! I love you all, have a fabulous weeeeeeeek! :)
Love no matter what,
Sister Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment