Monday, April 4, 2016

Blessings From Heaven

     As many of you may already know, I am going back on my mission!! I am so excited and overjoyed! Yesterday, April 3rd, I was once again set apart as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! It has felt like a long time in coming though came faster than expected, it's just plain unbelievable!! I have an interview with the mission president of the Kennewick WA Mission today and will most likely be placed in Pasco, WA tonight or tomorrow morning! I will live in Pasco with a set of sister missionaries and do all that I have done in Colorado until April 20th.  At that point, I will fly back to my heart in Denver Colorado!! As far as I know, I will be reunited with my beloved trainer, Sister Borup and I am SO ecstatic!! I am so very grateful to my Heavenly Father for giving me the special opportunity to return and serve Him and my Savior, Jesus Christ.
     The past few months home have not been easy, though I know that without my Father in Heaven and my Savior,  I could not have done it. When I came home, I had plenty of doctor appointments and after two weeks I was scheduled for a endoscope. Two weeks after that, I got the results.  It showed a lot of inflammation from the top of my esophagus to through my small intestine, complete with irritation and pre-ulcers on the linings. I was put on medication to reduce stomach acid and also one to line my stomach with a protectant so I could eat. I also started some counseling sessions to help me understand and cope with subconscious stress. After about a month of doing all of that, I started to feel better.  On Wednesday, March 23rd, I had a 6 weeks follow up appointment with my GI.  I was approved to go back and start coming off some of the medications!! The following Friday I was given the news that I would return to my mission at the start of the next transfer and until then serve in the Kennewick Washington mission so I could get back into the routine and also see how my body will react!! I am so blessed and fortunate the have this unique opportunity again! I love my Heavenly Father. I love my Savior. And I love being a missionary!! I am so grateful to each one of you that supported and loved me while I was home. I can't express how comforting that was for me. I love you all and I will see you in 14 short months!!
Much Love, Sister Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment